Get Your Message Across with The Display Shield Weatherproof Digital Display Enclosure
The Display Shield outdoor digital signage solution is Tested and Certified to IP55 (IEC 65209) Standards for water and dust ingress protection!
Unit Protects 19-29" Display (up to a 30" with prior measuring)
The Display Shield® is an indoor and outdoor display enclosure that offers comprehensive protection for digital signage, displays or TVs. It is the most cost effective weatherproof display enclosure on the market for protecting signage investments in almost any environment.
These display cases are manufactured using HMWPE (High Molecular Weight Polyethylene), which is a specific plastic made for outdoor usage and durability. The front panel of the unit is an industry leading .220 inch thick ultra-clear LEXAN® polycarbonate which is perfect for direct viewing of the display and complete defense against a flying object or tampering. The Display Shield has a semi permanently affixed front shield that is designed to stay closed at all times but does give you the ability to remove the front panel in the event of a mechanical failure of your equipment. The Display Shield uses a custom security screw system that requires a specific tool to remove the front panel. This makes unit completely tamperproof and provides optimum safety for your display. The cabinet also has a built-in 60 PPI filtered ventilation system and thermostatically controlled fan to keep the unit at the ideal temperature in most hot environments.
Sports arenas, theme parks, community centers, educational facilities, hospitals, government buildings, restaurants, bars and an array of other commercial venues favor The Display Shield for TV and digital display protection over other enclosures and expensive outdoor signage due to its low cost, install friendly design, durability, water-resistance and security. PEC enclosures are currently used in over 25,000 locations in 42+ countries!
- Entire rainproof unit sealed to defend digital monitor against moisture intrusion and water damage, using our ExactSeal sealing system!
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system included
- Shatter-resistant front panel is secured with custom security screws that require a specific tool to remove
- Windproof back housing manufactured with outdoor plastics that fortifies the TV or display against impact
- Two louvered vents with bug and moisture screen that prevent heat buildup and bug intrusion which could fry your monitor
- Rounded corners for child safety and hazard prevention in institutional environments
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Universal design- Works with any standard VESA mount
- The Display Shield is a unique and patented design
- IP55 Tested & Certified**
- PEC units are MADE IN THE USA
Below we have a description of each product and why we chose it for this combo kit:
1. The Display Shield 19-30" Horizontal
The Display Shield is designed for 19-27 & 30 inch digital displays and televisions. This case provides water, rain and impact protection for your LCD, LED or Plasma displays and televisions.
2. Tilt & Swivel Mount
This mount was specifically picked for The Display Shield unit for its ability to tilt and swivel giving you the best viewing angles. It has a max VESA pattern of 400x400mm and 66lbs max load plus the weight of the mount. The distance to wall min 1.3" and max 10.6". Tilt -15°/+15°.
3. Fan Cooling Package
The recessed fan cooling system is built to continually filter hot air out of the unit pulling fresh cool air in and creating an air pocket between the screen of the TV or display and the clear front panel of the unit. The fan power cord has a built-in thermostatic control which turns the fan on at 88 degrees and off at 78 degrees to ensure that your outdoor display case stays at the proper temperature.
4. Moisture Control Gel Case
We have included this because the moisture control gel case absorbs moisture from inside the enclosure. This is a protective measure and very worth purchasing for your TV investment and protection.
5. 2" Spacer Kit
6. Cleaner & Polish Combo Kit
The TV Shield's & The Display Shield's front panels are made of ultra-clear polycarbonate. We feel that optimal viewing of your TV is going to be very important to you. Very simply this cleaner and polish kit helps keep the screen scratch free, smudge free and optically clear. The cleaner and clearer, the better your viewing experience will be. We highly recommend using this product. Also be sure to not use paper towels ever on your TV screen or The TV Shield screen as they generally are abrasive. Refer to your TV's instructions for optimal cleaning of your TV's screen. Do not use this cleaner or polish on your TV.
Compare the outside dimensions of your TV or display with dimensions below:
Unit Protects 19-29" TV (up to a 30" with prior measuring)
INSIDE Back of enclosure dimensions
These dimensions are for the largest TV you can use in the unit without our TV spacer kit.
Maximum INSIDE dimensions
These dimensions are for the largest TV that will fit into the unit with our TV spacer kit.
WEIGHT: 14 LBS (15LBS with fan)
*Please measure the outside dimensions of your TV, or the planned TV, and compare to the inside dimensions listed on this page.
- .220 Inch thick shatter-resistant ultra-clear Lexan® polycarbonate front shield "panel"
- .300 Inch thick HMWPE High Molecular-Weight Polyethylene plastic back housing
- Front panel features custom security screws that require a unique tool to remove
- Two openings for cords and wiring with self-sealing grommets
- Thermostatically controlled 36CFM, 115V filtered fan system included
- Two filtered vents (60PPI) with upgraded wash-down protection to prevent heat build-up as well as keep dust, bugs and water out
- Rounded corners for child safety and safety in institutional environments
- Able to use any standard VESA mount
Protects displays from everything in any environment:
- Water (Rain, pool splashes, wash downs)
- Moisture (Condensation, dew, steam, humidity, dampness)
- Dust (Grime build up)
- Tampering (Burglary, theft, vandalism, attempted destruction of product)
- Pests (Bugs, insects)
- High impact (Storms, baseballs, flying objects)
- Extreme temperatures (Hot and cold)
Other things you should know:
- This protective signage case is not designed to be water-submerged
- Thermostatic fans that click on at 88° and off at 78° are available for all enclosures, and included with some models and kits
- Thermostatic heaters available upon request (turns on at 41° F and turns off at 47°)
- Graffiti like spray paint can be washed off of screen with special removal spray, and dry-erase markers are usable on the front panel
* Protective Enclosures Company, LLC will not be held responsible for orders placed for TV's or Displays over the listed specifications, and although we will accept a return, there will be a 10% restocking fee assessed, as well as the customer will be responsible for actual shipping and return shipping of the unit. If you plan to use enclosure outside of the recommended and listed specifications, please make sure it will work for you before you order. By purchasing, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these terms and will hold harmless, PEC and all subsidiaries, business partners and officers.**Display Shield tested with vent caps installed and without optional fan system.